A Woman wears different hats on daily basis – from daughter to wife to businesswoman to best friend, a woman is just more than the queen of her household.
In the modern era, many women prefer working rather than staying at home which can be pretty hectic. There are deadlines to be met, presentations to be worked on, pitches and proposals to be figured out. While dealing with all this, there is hardly time left to focus on health. According to a research conducted recently, it is found that women are facing subsequent health issues due to the increasing competition in work and because of the constant juggle between trying to balance the work as well as personal life.
Rightly quoted, “it costs money to stay healthy, but it costs even more to get sick”. No matter who you are – a working woman or housewife, one thing stands true: wellness of mind and body is essential to be successful.
Wellness is all about making those changes in the daily habits and routines that eventually will lead to a big change – a healthy lifestyle! Anyone can do it anytime just with small changes on a daily basis. It is just a matter of choice that we make in order to live a healthy life.
We believe that the first step towards a healthy lifestyle would be gradually shifting to organic food. Organic food is rich in its anti-oxidant value, is made of natural fertilizers, helps boost the immune system and is good for the overall health. A recent study has shown that switching to organic food will reduce the exposure to heavy toxic metals and increase the intake of nutritional anti-oxidants.
Here is how we believe you can stay healthy:
1. Eat Breakfast – For years, it has been said that having a healthy breakfast is the key start to the day. Breakfast fuels our body with nutrition. The best option would be to pair carbs with proteins since carbs will gives the necessary energy to get started and protein will help keep full till the next meal. It enhances your mood, helps in improving concentration and is the foundation of a healthy diet.
Here is a quickie smoothie recipe which you can substitute for breakfast.
Apple-Coconut Weight Loss Booster Green Smoothie:
Blend together 230 ml of coconut water, 1 large apple, 1 tablespoon flax seeds, 2 large handful of fresh spinach and a scoop of plant based protein powder until the smoothie is creamy.
This smoothie serves one and contains 348 calories; Protein: 15g, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrates: 68g, Calcium: 10% daily value, Iron: 4.3mg, Vitamin A: 247% daily value and Vitamin C: 182% daily value
This is a great breakfast recipe for those who want to lose weight. Without increasing your calorie intake, this smoothie will keep you full and help you control weight.
2. Cook your own meals – – Cooking your own meals has benefits on its own. You are aware of the food that you are cooking – what is healthy and what is not. It keeps you away from the restaurant food which is prepared with ingredients that aren’t best suited for you. Prepare simple meals power packed with nutrients. A shift to organic food is considered to be a healthier option. Considering long health, preparing your own meals would be the best option.
3. Say goodbye to sugary foods – From a normal sauce to peanut butter, added sugar can be found in almost every product. Sugar is known to increase hunger which increases the craving for more food, which is the major cause of obesity. It ages the skin, messes up with digestion and doesn’t satisfy the appetite. Replace sugary foods with jaggery, stevia, fruits like apples, berries, bananas and some sweet veggies.
4. Exercise – Exercise does not necessarily mean heavy lifting or workout. It can be as simple as going for a 20-minute walk or jog. A regular physical activity routine will help enhance the mood and is known to show a positive effect on the health according to a research. It improves the cardio-vascular health, keeps the blood flowing and slows down the bone density loss associated with age. It has been linked to better brain health and emotional well-being.
5. Sleep well – Sleep is as important as the food in the plates and the exercise routines. It helps the body to restore itself from the hectic day and prepare for the next day. While we sleep, the body releases growth hormones, reduces stress hormones and fixes the damaged tissues. Not getting enough rest can lead to depression, weight gain, food cravings and even stress. For the body to function well, a minimum of 6 hours of sleep is recommended.
The food we eat is all about two things: nutrition and health.
Where can you find healthy food?
Geo-Fresh Organic is committed towards producing the best quality products, which are free from pesticides and chemicals. To ensure replicable results every time, we have defined Standard Testing Procedures (STPs) for analysis of our products. Our cultivation belts cover more than 42,000 acres of Certified Organic Land, in coordination with 9,000 + farmers all over India and the Steam Sterilization Process ensures best quality by retaining its nutrition leading to a longer shelf life.
Geo-Fresh Organic Products are NPOP, NOP and USDA Certified.
Staying healthy is not just eating healthy food. It is more about eating right food which make you healthy.
Well, these were a few wellness tips from GEO-FRESH for you women out there which we hope will help you achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.Remember, wellness is a gift that you can choose to give yourself by making simple changes in your lifestyle.
Let’s begin the journey to a healthy lifestyle today!