Your Kitchen Is Your Medicine – The metabolic rate decreases and suppresses the body’s ability to fight diseases. During this time of seasonal change, our body becomes vulnerable to ailments like cold and cough, fever, stomach infections, diarrhoea, etc as immunity tends to reduce to a lower level than normal. Defending our immune system and protecting the body from such ailments should be the priority while enjoying the beautiful atmosphere.
Ever wondered how the presence of some common ingredients in the kitchen can work magic in securing good health during the monsoons?
Let’s strengthen the immunity with these readily available power ingredients found in the kitchen:
- Turmeric/Haldi: Turmeric possesses anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties which makes a virus hard to remain in the system under the influence of Turmeric. It increases the White Blood Cells (WBC) count that helps the immune system fight off bacteria, virus and other ailments.
TIP 1: Add a 1/4th teaspoon of Geo-Fresh 100% Organic Turmeric/Haldi in one cup of boiling milk with sugar/honey for your daily dose of immunity. A pinch of black or white pepper is recommended to increase the warmth in the body.
TIP: 2 Geo-Fresh Organic Curcumin tablet twice a day after your meals can Joint Supports & Antioxidant
- Neem: Neem is known to provide medicinal properties. It is great for boosting the ability of your body to fight infections. Neem cools down the body internally. It helps clear toxins and impurities from the blood leaving you with a strengthened immune system.
TIP: 1 Geo-Fresh Organic Neem tablet twice a day after your meals can help improve immunity
- Tulsi: The herb has miraculous properties that can protect against infections, cold, cough and other viral infections. It provides relief from chest congestion by dilating the airways in the lungs. Due to its anti-congestive properties, Tulsi is known to relieve headaches.
TIP: 1 Geo-Fresh Organic Tulsi tablet twice a day after your meals provides relief from viral infections
- Ginger Powder: Ginger is known to decrease the bacterial infection in stomach. It helps in breaking down and removing mucus which fastens recovery from difficulty in breathing. Ginger promotes sweating, keeping the body warm from within.
TIP: Add Geo-Fresh Organic Ginger Powder to your morning tea, soups, salad dressing or your smoothies and keep infections at bay.
- Black Pepper: It is rich in nutrients and minerals. Black Pepper stimulates digestive juices and enzymes, thereby promoting digestion. It is known to possess carminative properties which helps relieve stomach gas. The heat produced by black pepper helps relieve cold and cough.
TIP: Geo-Fresh Organic Black Pepper can be used in soups, salad dressing, with turmeric milk and in your khichdi too!
The key to boost immunity is eating healthy with the right kinds of food. Studies suggest the consumption of organic food is an effective choice.
Organic herbs and spices are high in antioxidants and rich in nutrients as well as flavor. Including organic food in the diet is known to speed up the metabolism process and improve the functioning of the immune system.
Let’s stay healthy by adapting an Organic Lifestyle as what goes into the body reflects the overall health! -Your Kitchen Is Your Medicine